Q2 Changes 2011

Changes made to the system

Moderator: drgrussell

drgrussell
Site Admin
Are you a robot or a human?: Human

Q2 Changes 2011

Post by drgrussell » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:00 am

Welcome to the second quarter of the year!

Changes implemented so far are:
o Windows 7 is now available on the system. I am having some problems in that the network location wizard is triggered all the time, but I think an easy fix is possible...
o Back end code now supports multiple machines per user. It also gives users their own bridge. Tested and looking good.
o I have dynamips and JunOS running too.

Plans for this quarter:
o Roll out windows 7 and 2008 in their final version across all nodes.
o Update the front end to support multiple machines per user (but only 1 for free users).
o Roll out JunOS to local users (sorry never for free users, just like dynamips).
o Write a security paper on securing student controlled cloud resources.

Gordon.

drgrussell
Site Admin

Re: Q2 Changes 2011

Post by drgrussell » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:03 pm

I am currently testing the code to allow users to have more than 1 virtual machine.
This is taking longer than I hoped. Should be all fixed within 24 hours.

Gordon.

drgrussell
Site Admin

Re: Q2 Changes 2011

Post by drgrussell » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:37 pm

New queueing code is up and running. I will monitor the queue for the next week to see how it works out.
This allows me to support multiple machines per user. The front end of course does not have any mechanisms for controlling the other machines, so you should not notice any additional features, except that you now are in your own bridge with a /29 network all to yourself.

I will work on a new interface, which shares this new queue with the current interface. Thus this should be the last disruption of the current system for a while.

Note all old images were deleted, as I had to update fedora 2 for the new network mask.

Gordon.