James Watt College - Linux Course

General chat concerning linux or linuxzoo.

Moderator: drgrussell

drgrussell
Site Admin
Are you a robot or a human?: Human

Post by drgrussell » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:18 pm

Whoever complained about my stating the construction noise is unacceptable - pm me here and admit who you are, coward. We'll see how much you want to complain about me then.
Please do not use threatening language, even if this was not your intention.
Once again these posts are getting outside what I am happy supporting on my forums.

ping00

Post by ping00 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:16 pm

Well if their parents or whoever had raised them properly it wouldn't be down to me to tell them where to go, trying that kind of thing on.

I take this course seriously, and that thing is just adding to the disruption and nonsense. Obviously it doesn't matter to them if they fail or don't do well, or they wouldn't be trying to pile more problems on me when they clearly are aware that the building noise is the only thing in two years that I've missed even part of a class over.

Added to that they are keeping score of other noises they know I find disruptive, and then referring to them here like that is some trivial matter also.
And of course that they aren't able to bring up their issues to me in person - when they are stting in the same classroom and could easily have done so.

Ping_1701

PM

Post by Ping_1701 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:32 pm

Why pm, why not out in the open.

Ping_1701

Linux

Post by Ping_1701 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:18 am

The problem I believe the class might support me on this is the disruption that we get moved to another class on a fri because of complaints of the noise, moving about class to class and back again, I must say I was offended a bit by your private e-mail u sent me - al just leave a copy here for future reference -

To: Ping_1701
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:50 pm
Subject: you copied my username, ********
Look ******, don't act it. I'll find out who you are tomorrow. You're a ******* ****that thinks you can mess me about - it's bad enough with the disruptions without scum like your kind trying on your time-wasting crap on top of that time-wasting interference.

****off and die, ********.

Back to ME
(I do care about my marks and please do not critisice my parents on this thank you very much.)

So back to Linux - drgrussell will anyone else get to test out some of your ideas on other campuses about your other platform experiments etc?

- Edited by the moderator. Language please on my forum.

Ping_1701

Linux

Post by Ping_1701 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:35 am

You know someone has to be the adult in this and know when to quit when ahead. Thats me. Am not gonna bother messaging on this anymore because all it happens is you (ping00) take a huff to what ppl say, either insult them, threaten them and likewise and am more concerned with doing my work and passing my grades than having childish arguments on this about noise, No fans on hot days coz its too noisy, get a grip.

Thank you strugster and drgrussell for your help on my queries, if am stuck al jist post directly to you rather than compete to find my question and then the answer hidden around complaints about noise that has nothing to do with Linux.

drgrussell
Site Admin
Are you a robot or a human?: Human

Post by drgrussell » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:55 am

I love a good active discussion as much as the next person.
I certainly dont want to delete a good thread like this which is actually discussing some linux for a change, but the background plot is tiring.

Really I must point out that normal forum procedures would prohibit any language not appropriate for any internet user. This forum is not restricted to adults, and could be viewed by "younger" adults. Please discuss things with this in mind.

But this forum is not suitable for a flame war either. Can you two not settle this with a drinking contest or something? Certainly take it off line.

This forum takes time to moderate, but I dont get any extra time from my university to do so. Dont keep adding to my workload unless its linux stuff.

Thanks
Gordon.

ping00

Post by ping00 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:28 pm

Whoever is doing that, as I said, has plenty of opportunity to have raised their various obsessions with me out in the open. It's a small class and everyone's known who everyone else is for the last two years just about.

Why should I have to compete with someone so dangerously insane that they couldn't even make a formal complaint that they have issues with another person raising a perfectly acceptable complaint about disruptive noise levels - instead they copy my username here badly, and use it to launch a series of personal hatreds my way.

Nobody said anything in class today. They could have admitted it was them then. So now I have had to go raise their drama with lecturers here, as well as having to contact the course leader at Napier about it also, which I'd done as soon as realising they are sitting there in class harbouring all kinds of grudges against me.

They claim I cost people extra money for asking for a quiet room during exams. I didn't ask for a room at a different campus. At any rate, I don't think anybody comes from the Gourock end on the train or bus, so it would have actually been one stop cheaper to get off at the other campus where the exam was.

I didn't complain about the other things the psycho mentions, to do with the classroom being too hot etc, the last two years. Plenty of other people did - I wouldn't dream of harbouring the kinds of psychosis against them that idiot has with me, just because it might not have bothered me as much as it did them. I wouldn't have had issues if we moved classes because of it - that would be unreasonable, just like expecting anyone to study and learn with construction noise going on is unreasonable.

It also (in a pm at least) has claimed that the campus the exam was held in was noisier. It wasn't, there wasn't any noise there at all. It's a much better environment all round; it's a pity we aren't there for every class.

Besides, whoever it is doesn't have the balls to have said any of this to me in the first place. They rely on this forum being anonymous and not linked to them directly. They know who I am! I don't know who they are - yet.

Their issues with me can't be reasonably explained anyway. You can't have issues against someone because they themselves put in formal complaints about unacceptable teaching conditions. It's not like I'm the only person there (teachers and pupils) that is aware of how unacceptable that situation is.

As for any extra couple of quid travel tickets possibly-maybe might have cost; that ought to be covered by travel expenses?! When I had to get a train to Uni a good few years ago, I bought a travelcard. So did everyone else that got a train or bus. It covers you for all journeys using the same line, which is applicable in this case. If travel expenses still work the same way as they did then, then you aren't able to claim any of them unless you bought the cheapest possible ticket - eg a travelcard.

Whoever that is, is some thug (in their imagination at least) that thinks they can bully me into not complaining about the noise. They think I should put up with the kinds of things they are trying to lay at me, as if I'm the one causing problems and being irresponsible at how others are affected.
That's the entire basis of why there shouldn't be the noise - or uncomfortable environments - to begin with.

Their pm to me here was entitled 'You' - they are insane and have been in class / the same course for two years and some weeks, and there's not been a peep from anyone that such undercurrents are around. If I had problems with anyone in the class, they heard all about it from me directly first. I'm not a sicko freak that sits there hating on anyone in silence nursing an ulcer, and doing underhanded things like that nutjob is up to here.

What sort of person is that. What if they get put in the same group as me for the group project next term - I have a right to know who they are. What options do I have - treat everyone badly just in case it's they who are responsible? I won't let them have that sicko effect. Cause, I don't think given the type of person they are that they will admit it is them doing this, if I ask. It also means I have to seem to be accusing others of being the psycho.

That was their first words in their pm - 'how are you going to find out who I am'.

They're a sick little game playing deviant. You know, I also think they reckon they can use this hoohah they've started to force some sort of friendship with me out of it. That won't be happening; the best they'll get from me will be the cold shoulder.

They're exactly the reason anyone gets the irresponsible idea it's ok to have disruptions going on during lessons. All that underhanded effort they've put in to attacking me for doing the right thing and standing up against unacceptable studying conditions; some hired shill type crawler is all they are.

Plus they can't spell or use syntax to save their miserable life, and don't seem able to follow a coherent sentence either.

Ping_1701

Linux

Post by Ping_1701 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:34 am

am sorry but a just had to reply after reading this, firstly you did complain about any1 putting a fan on because it would be too noisy so yes you did. Yes travel cards still work that way but no buses stop near the waterfront campus, people in our course range from gourock, greenock, the port and glasgow, west station and big bus stop are nearer and more convenient than getting to the waterfront campus. There was noise in there, try the loud photocopier and general noise that we all noticed and expected you to walk out on, like you did before one friday saying "Joe av gotta get out of here before I end up killing someone" Yes the words of a physco (aka you), not something you would say because of a small noise????? Groupwork, at the thot of group work you have always objected to groups as in you being part of one no matter who invites you in, you always want to be on your own (each to their own thats kewl). As for raising things with a lecturer and team leader about my posts a mean grow up the old primary skewl "miss hes talking about me" springs to mind. Am sorry but am not trying to form any kind or relationship or obsession, a said that I have given up and couldnt be bothered and then you shoot this speel about me bein obsessed wen you are the one continuing it even after drgrussel said no more of this (sorry drgrussel). Dont flatter yourself with thoughts of me fancying you, sorry you aint my type of girl. Al put this to you, jist to see how grown up you can be. Al leave this convo forever and not even use the linuxzoo forum to have any contact with you infact al even use a different username to keep you happy and al not post to any of your threads and I wont post the threats you sent me in a "pm" on this forum. All you have to do is either not reply or reply with one word - troose, If you want this settled quietly then thats your choice! (the ball is in your court).

ping00

Post by ping00 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:48 am

Load of BALLS.

I just checked justnow in the class, and you can't admit who you are when I'm here asking.

Coward and scumbag is all you are. Troll disrupter.

DJ MORL

Re: James Watt College - Linux Course

Post by DJ MORL » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:57 am

Ping_1701 wrote:I would like to take this opertunity to thank Napier or whoever lets colleges teach Napier courses. The Linux course is very interesting, the lecturer very indepth about the subject and also good at expanding on the notes already prepped. The course is very interesting and is run by a good lecturer who is always there to give a hand whenever you need it and has the knowledge of the subject to help you, like I always say give credit where it is due and James Watt College deserves the credit.
yes I totaly agree with you dude this has to be the best course that I have done I feel as though I have learned so much this year. Also this site is verry well laid out and presented as u can find help on just about anything u may be stuck on. I use these forums to try and find a solution to my answer before asking the verry helpfull lecture that we have here @ James Watt College cheers DJ.

DJ MORL

Post by DJ MORL » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:11 pm

Sorry to start anything with ping000 but reading somewhere that u think every body comes from greenock and not gourock thats not exactly true I come from Gourock and to get to the other college would cost me more money on the bus as I would need to get two bussess to get directly there so there would be a problem for me again didn't want to start anything just pointing out something

ping00

Post by ping00 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:26 pm

Typical troll behaviour - can't admit who they are in actual reality offline, and then responds by making a puppet account to back up their previous coward anon account.

Talking to yourself on the internet after being proven you can't face up to me for real. You're some kind of schizo.

darktech

Post by darktech » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:42 pm

I have a student looking at vnc gui over http proxy. This should be ready for linuxzoo this semester, so it will be interesting to see the performance issues which this raises. Again though it will probably be hidden from normal users while we evaluate it.
why vnc? nomachine NX is lightweight and will use less bandwidth (theres also a GPL version)

http://www.nomachine.com/NX/

theres also a web based applet for it so it would be usable for machines which cant install software.

Ping_1701

nx

Post by Ping_1701 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:34 am

a had to delete the NX part of your link said it was invalid - bloody internet explorer. A looked there and it looks pretty awsum, ta 4 e link

DJ MORL

Post by DJ MORL » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:27 am

ping00 wrote:Typical troll behaviour - can't admit who they are in actual reality offline, and then responds by making a puppet account to back up their previous coward anon account.

Talking to yourself on the internet after being proven you can't face up to me for real. You're some kind of schizo.
Nope I'm a different person :P not ping :P