firewall Question 8

Problem completing one of the interactive tutorials?

Moderator: drgrussell

Hammerhead
Are you a robot or a human?: Human

firewall Question 8

Post by Hammerhead » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:36 am

Dr. Gordon

This may be a silly question, but in order for firewall2 to exe do I need to remove firewall?
When I go to exe firewall2 I get permission denined. I wrote firewall2 in vi just like firewall.

Hammerhead

Hammerhead

Re: firewall Question 8

Post by Hammerhead » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:55 am

Dr. Gordon

After some thought, I was able to answer my own question. Yes after a meal break and some thought, I remebered to make the file exec.

Thanks anyway

Hammerhead

Hammerhead

Post by Hammerhead » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:50 am

Well Gordon I'm back

After I figured out I need to make the script file exe. I then attempted to get it to exe. After I ./firewall2 I get this.

./firewall2: line 1 :!/bin/bash: no such file or directory
iptables v1.4.10: couldn't load targets 'Accept' : /lib64/xtables/libipt_ACCEPT.so:
cannot open shared open file: No such file or directory.

Got any ideas on this one????? I have checked my script 4 times. Pretty sure it is correct, also I tried to copy and paste. I was able to copy crtl-c, but never could get it to paste. So I typed it. Anyway I'm still pretty sure it is correct.

Hammerhead

Hammerhead

Post by Hammerhead » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:53 am

Gordon

Not sure if it matters, but when I tried to check Question 8. I got a session timed out pop up. I reloaded the page, did a nice switch off, left queue. Then rejoined and started over. I got the same results as above.

hammerhead

drgrussell
Site Admin

Post by drgrussell » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:34 am

The first line has a hash # character right at the beginning. Do you have a colon at the start instead?
Gordon.

Hammerhead

Post by Hammerhead » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Yes I needed to add the #. But I'm still getiing the same results as above.

When I click the check button I get Test imcomplete and a pop up. The tests couldn't be completed, your virtuial machine is running, but we couldn't log in. you must setup an account to allow us to run our test -please supply the details fo an account we can use. some test may require the root account to be givin.

Is this something on your end. This is the first time I've had this pop up. I have completed all the tutorials up to this point.

HammerHead

drgrussell
Site Admin

Post by drgrussell » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:36 pm

"Accept" is spelled ACCEPT in iptables. Case sensitive...
G.

Hammerhead

Post by Hammerhead » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Well Dr. Gordon

It may seem that even thou you have all of the ACCEPT's written out in all caps. That if one of those happens to be ACCPET, linux isn't happy. Now that they are all wrote out as ACCEPT, everything is working.

Thanks

Hammerhead

riham

Post by riham » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:46 am

I to seem to be having this problem I use the command $ du -a /home/demo and it gives me several 4's a 12 and /home/demo being 40 i have put all the answers in in every format but the question still shows as failed. i have gone back through and reread all the steps and even done research outside of linuxzoo. thats where i came up with $ du. and suggestions would be great thanks.