Terminal not working

Problem completing one of the interactive tutorials?

Moderator: drgrussell

medinita3586

Terminal not working

Post by medinita3586 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:57 am

Hello, I need to ask if are there any problems in the overall connection with the server because I am having a real hard time opening my terminal and when I have been able to, it is just not working at all. It stays there totally blank without me being able to get it to do anything.

Please, I would really appreciate any information on this matter. These tutorials are really helpful and I feel that my learning is on the right track but I can't continue without my terminal. Well, actually I have found a couple of online compilers that allow me to practice both Linux and C++, but I need to keep switching between one and the other and these tutorials, besides I can't really know if my outputs are correct unless I press the check button on the site questions.

Thank you very much for any help I can get. :cry:

drgrussell
Site Admin
Are you a robot or a human?: Human

Re: Terminal not working

Post by drgrussell » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:31 am

There are no reported issues. I have about 80 students on this every week without incident, plus many other free users from interesting countries, and some of them are far far away...
When you say "terminal" what do you mean. I strongly recommend using putty and using that to connect to linuxzoo.net. Do not use the Javascript Telnet. You could try the javascript vnc, but your bandwidth may not be sufficient.

medinita3586

Re: Terminal not working

Post by medinita3586 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:00 am

Thank you. You are absolutely right, I usually access my terminal at the Public Library's computers after I get off work and these computers do really have a very slow running time due to so many people using the internet at the same time at the same place. The terminal was working just fine when I logged on in my laptop at home, so I take my question back.

Thanks again. :lol: